Monday, June 15, 2009

My Latina Child Abuse Story

Until I was 5 years old, and my sister was 3, we had a 15 year old, female, white, babysitter named Vallerie. I loved her. I thought she was beautiful - gorgeous, really. Blond hair, blue eyes. She helped to teach me to swim. I felt as comfortable in her arms as in my mother's.

But when I was 5, and my sister was 3, my parents decided they needed to improve their progressive credentials. We got a new, 15 year old, female, latina, babysitter named Maria. She was also beautiful. The first night she sat for us my sister and I fell asleep watching TV with her on the couch - my sister proped up against her right arm and me leaning against her left.

The second night she watched us, Maria took me aside, "if you're a really good boy tonight I'll put your sister to bed early and we'll play a special game". I tried my hardest to be a good boy and imagined a game that would be more fun than playing GI Joes and Legos combined. Finally, she put my sister to bed, closed the curtains, and sat me down on the couch. She threw a blanket over the two of us. "Now get undressed like you're going to bed". She was also getting undressed. "Take your underwear off, too".

She performed fellatio on me. Then she had me suck on her nipples. Back an forth for about 20 minutes. Weird game, I thought. It wasn't very fun, but it felt good. She told me to not tell anyone about the game. The next time she came over we played again.

One day I decided to show my sister the game. My mom walked in on us. To her credit, she stayed fairly composed. She asked who taught me the game. I told her. Vallerie returned as our babysitter from then on. My sister and I couldn't be left alone any more because we'd start playing with our genitals. I was screwed up about sex until I was 25.

Not all latinas sexually abuse children. I have known, befriended and loved several who have been stand-up citizens. But Maria increased her wealth of experience by taking advantage of me when I was a 5 year old boy. I was never sexually abused by a white male (though I'm sure that there are white male child abusers). However, when Sotomayor says that she has experiences that a white male doesn't have, this experience flashes through my mind.

I wonder if Letterman would make sexually inappropriate remarks about Palin's children if he found his child's babysitter sodomizing his son. I even have a joke for the babysitter, "Hey Lettermen, let's get off of celebrity children, I just ...". Or is it that it's OK to abuse white children sexually and in the media? When will he start joking about the Obama kids?

No comments: