Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Disingenuous Left: Public Option Intellectual Dishonesty

The argument from the left, that the private insurance industry can compete with a "public option" is intellectually if not blatantly dishonest. Here's an analogy for you: A guy from the government comes up to you with a gun and says, "You can spend a year in jail, pay a $10000 fine, or pay $100 which is good towards our insurance which costs $150". "But I already have insurance, it only costs me $100, and I'm happy with it". "That's fine, you can keep your old insurance, but you still have to pay us $100". "So I have to pay $100 regardless, which makes your insurance (which I'm not happy with) only cost $50 vs. my current plan which will still cost me $100". "Yep". "Gee, thanks for robbing me of $100 and giving me something I already have". "That's what we do at the government, you're welcome".

No comments: