Monday, June 8, 2009

The Extreme Bigoted Left

I was on a job interview not long ago with a company that handles IT for non-profits. Now remember, I live in one of the most far left areas in the US, if not the world. I was talking to the CEO and he made a few comments like, "we try to avoid extremist organizations", and "we want to make money, but we also want to live in a community that agrees with us".

This got me to thinking, "Why don't you set up some guidelines such as: we won't support organizations that hurt humans or leave people financially destitute". He didn't like that since he would be interested in supporting "monkey wrench" style spiking of trees (they can hurt or even kill loggers), and PETA protests of ranches.

OK, "what about something like Bristol Palin supporting abstinence only education - it doesn't hurt anyone, improves public discourse on the issue, and may help her reach out to troubled teens?". "No, no, I wouldn't take on a charity like that - I don't think abstinence only works and it doesn't agree with my politics". I would take it on: you're supporting the first amendment, their proponents may get desperate and turn radical if not given a respectable outlet, and hell - they'd be payin' us.

I didn't convince him, and I didn't get the job. So be warned: it's not just Carlos Bledsoe and Bill Ayers; it's CEOs in some of the largest cities who are advocating violence for the extreme left, and performing political screening in their hiring process.

No comments: