Monday, March 8, 2010

An Appeal to Charities

The health care debate rages on. Historically, charity has been responsible for providing for the less fortunate. I therefore appeal to charities to up their efforts to provide health care to the American poor instead of letting the government take it over.

I have donated to various organizations in the past, but I want to specifically appeal to the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation on this one. Bill Gates and Microsoft are a capitalist success story. Warren Buffet, who has contributed largely to the foundation, would not be where he is without the entrepreneurial American spirit.

I have my theories of why a donation has not already been made, one of which is that Washington should not be setting the agenda for charities; but even a symbolic contribution at this point may sway the tide back towards freedom and individual excellence.

No comments: