Saturday, May 23, 2009

Maddow About to be "Becked"

Rachel Maddow has been one of the few voices that I have actually listened to on MSNBC. Initially I disagreed with her, but respected her for speaking her mind. I stopped watching her when I perceived that she had stopped being honest with herself, but instead was towing the MSNBC political line. With this entry on Obama's security speech, she may have started to be true to herself again.

I had hoped that she would return. I think, though, she's about to get Glenn Becked - if she doesn't get in line with NBC politics, she's gone. I think her viewpoints are actually libertarian, and unfortunately Fox is co-opting the libertarian movement and I don't see her getting welcomed into that fold. If we had a true libertarian party, or strong libertarian media outlet; one that welcomed both former Democrats and Republicans, then there might be a place for her.

No comments: